The Charlie Brown Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) was established in 1970. Regulations originate through the United States Department of Agriculture.  This program regulates the nutritional guidelines that centers and homes must follow.

Charlie Brown Preschool and Child Care Centers participates in this program to ensure healthy meals and snacks are being served.  This program also supplements the cost of food so that meals can be offered to families at no extra cost.

Charlie Brown is also a sponsor of the CACFP so that this program is available to child development homes.  Providers are contracted with the CACFP to submit menus, attendance records and enrollment forms for all children in their home care setting.  This allows the provider to be reimbursed for the meals they serve. State registration is mandatory for all home care providers before reimbursement contracts can be completed.

Charlie Brown accepts home providers in seven North Iowa counties including Cerro Gordo, Franklin, Mitchell, Floyd, Worth, Hancock and Butler.

If you are or know a provider that would benefit from this program, please call the CACFP office at 641-424-5777.


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email:

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.